The science of ocular nutrition is the hottest topic in the eyecare industry. Emerging research is showing that nutrition in the form of foods or supplements can influence the state of ocular disease. Since this is new science, it is imperative that the eyecare professional keep up on the latest research data.
This action-packed eight hour COPE-approved course is designed for the eye doctor who needs essential nutrition science information to feel comfortable recommending nutritional suggestions to their patients. It’s also a great refresher for doctors who have been recommending nutrition for some time. This course is presented by two well-known Ocular Nutrition thought-leaders, Stuart Richer, OD, PhD, FAAO and Jeffrey Anshel, OD, FAAO (founder & president of the Ocular Nutrition Society).
A light breakfast and lunch will be served.
The courses include:
- Integrative Optometry- The New Primary Care
- AREDS 2 – Lessons Learned
- The Role of Essential Fatty Acids in Ocular Health
- Driving Under the Influence of Carotenoids
- A Nutritional Approach to Treating Dry Eyes
- Molecular Medicine, Epigenetics and Eye Care
- Genes, Food and Chronic Eye Disease: The GMO Effect
- The Importance of Macular pigment
- Super Foods and Eye Health
- Astaxanthin and Eye Care
- Diabesity and Ocular Health
- The Importance of Ocular Nutritional Minerals in the Diet
- The Importance of Ocular Antioxidant Vitamins
- Vitamin D in Health and prevention of Illness and Eye Disease
- What’s in a Supplement- Know Your Numbers
- How to Incorporate Nutrition into the Primary Care Practice
Fill in the form below to register for this course.